Warning: Use of undefined constant my_title - assumed 'my_title' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/keyframe/www/www/wp-content/themes/Keyframe/functions.php on line 96
WORKSHOP 3 – ADVANCED BODY MECHANICS / PANTOMIME « Keyframe Animation School

WORKSHOP 3 – ADVANCED BODY MECHANICS / PANTOMIME

Course lenght: 12 weeks

Have you ever wondered what is necessary to take your pantomime shots to the next level? Well, wonder no more! In this workshop you will learn everything related to what makes a pose so appealing, the importance of silhouette, acting and the way you tell a story without any facial expressions and still convincing the audience of a character that feels, thinks and acts under a given circumstance.

Module 3

Advanced Body Mechanics / Pantomime

What is this Workshop all about?

This Workshop will teach you everything about the art of communicating through Body Mechanics, meaning, without the use of dialogue you will be able to convey with the audience about the context in which your character performs.  You will learn the power of posture and how to express your character´s mood in order to generate empathy and credibility to the audience.  Learn about the art of expressing emotions clearly by using strong, clear and appealing poses to portray the meaning behind poses.

Body Language is one of the most important principles of Acting, since it is the most primitive way of communicating between humans and represents around 90% of our daily communication, leaving the other 10% for content (words).

During this Workshop, students will work on their own ideas, block, spline and polish in a professional level.  This way, students will strongly focus on a shot which can be included in their demo reel for their professional growth.

How does it work?

Animation Workshop How it works

Each week, the student will receive pre-recorded video tutorials. During the week, we provide 2 live sessions where you will meet with your teacher and fellow students from all around the world and you will have live revisions/feedback from the assignments. These sessions are recorded and available for download so you can keep them and watch them at any time. You will learn from fellow classmates in addition to your own feedback from the teacher.

All other days of the week when there are no live sessions,  all students are able to send their progress to our campus to receive offline feedback.  With this said, no student is left behind until the next live session. We are always available to provide you with the necessary feedback so that your work is never stalled.

What will the student learn : 

  • Acting and Reference
  • Profound study of who their character is
  • Story Narrative (clarity and simplicity)
  • Shot Planning
  • Theory and Practice of Body Expression as a means of communication
  • Analysis of poses and its meaning for good acting choices
  • Appeal in poses
  • Variation in Rhythm and Texture

Is there a Certificate at the end of the Workshop?

Yes, we offer a Certificate of Completion of the Module. There is no grading system, but it is up to the teacher to provide it based on the student's participation, and continuous improvement of skills from instruction.

REQUIREMENTS:

  • Autodesk Maya 2016 +
  • Intermediate Body Mechanics Animation knowledge
  • Be 18 years old or older
  • Basic computer knowledge and basic skills in 3d animation software.
  • Good understanding of English language
  • 4GB RAM (8GB recommended)
  • 64-bit Intel or AMD multi-core processor
  • Webcam (for best communication with instructor, but not a must)
  • Headphones and/or headset-mounted microphone (for best communication with instructor, but not a must)
  • Three button mouse (required for work within Maya)
  • Broadband Internet: 5Mbps download and 3 Mbps upload

Start Date: January 20, 2020
Final Enrollment: December 1, 2019 - January 18, 2020
Spots Left: 8
Number of Sessions: 24 (12 weeks, 2 classes per week)
Dates:

Mondays and Thursdays @ 11am - 1pm (CST)

GOT QUESTIONS?
Subscribe

Love our work. Subscribe to our updates.

X
Subscribe Us
SUBSCRIBE
Love our work.  Keep updated by Subscribing.
X
SUBSCRIBE
  • Need Help? Chat with us